Friday, February 3, 2012

Love

Yesterday was rough. (If you read my post from yesterday, you got a glimpse of it.) It wasn't a little bit rough, but one of those out of control spiraling downward days where I cannot hold back the tears of frustration. Truth be told, we've had quite a few days like that as we adjust to Aria being in our family. The dynamic in our home has certainly changed. Relationships are building, but boundaries are tested - often. Perhaps it is no coincidence I found my first white hair today!

In my time before the Lord this morning, He brought the word LOVE to my heart. Love that's patient and kind. Love that's not irritable or rude. Love that bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1Cor 13:7) Love that never ends...

Today, though the house may be in shambles, though my kids may test me, though the spiritual battle rages on, though I may feel inadequate for the task at hand, there is LOVE in this home. Love, spilling forth from the Father over our lives so that we may pour into others. This kind of love from God keeps no record of wrong. It gives without expectations in return. It is pure, it is holy, it is only possible through God.

At times trust may allude me, but LOVE is present, is eternal... it's a gift from God.

4 comments:

  1. I love this. And I love how real you are, Kristin. You are an inspiration, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie. It is refreshing to read how willing you are to be real with the rest of us. Parenting in general is a difficult task, and your youngest came to you at 4 yrs old! Wowzers! But LOVE triumphs, indeed! Thank the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now reading this- God is good!

    ReplyDelete