Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Battle

We battle every single day in one way or another. We battle against temptation, we battle against the world, we battle against our sinful flesh. We battle. Sometimes we battle with those we love the most, such as our spouses. Common marital battles include finances, communication, intimacy, and plans. Other times we battle with our kids. These battles often are done toward behaviors and heart issues. Other times we wage battle with the kids themselves because we are exasperated and don't have patience to parent as we should. Then we battle inwardly on what kind of parents we really are. We battle.

As a mother that has been a bit battle weary lately, I have seen once again such a picture of God in my relationships, particularly with Aria. You see, Aria battles with us daily. She battles with me, she battles with Chad, she battles with the kids, she even battles the dog. She battles. She battles for her way, not ours. She battles to be in control over the home and all that are in it. Typically she battles loudly. Sometimes she battles only with silence and glares that say more than words ever could. But yes, she battles.

In my weariness, in my moments of pondering, in my prayers as I cry out to God as to how to handle the battles, God has spoken ever so gently to my heart...

Do as I do. For you, Kristin, battle with me daily. You battle for your way and not Mine. You battle to be in control of your home and all that are in it. You often battle loudly, but sometimes you battle in silence that says more than any words could. Yes, you battle. I have waited so long for you to fully trust Me so you don't feel like you need to battle Me anymore. Yes, your battles anger Me with a righteous anger. I cannot let you go on in this behavior without doing something about it. And the wars you wage are hurtful. Yet know I LOVE YOU... and I am here. I correct you not out of anger, but out of love. I wait on you to change and grow, and help and encourage it daily. You are not the same person you used to be, and Aria won't always be the same either. She battles, you battle. Do as I do...


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Ephesians 6:10-13

4 comments:

  1. Well said. It is so hard not be get wrapped up in the battle of the moment and forget where we ourselves have battled and need mercy. God is doing a mighty work you your life and mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kristin.

    Cannot wait to hang out on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This post was meant for me to read.

    ReplyDelete